Thirty years of distance running is a long time and a lot of miles. The law of averages ensures that after all that time and all those runs, I'd have at least a handful of experiences that were worth re-telling.
- Stormy Weather All runners have experience with bad weather. I do. But one was more memorable, more terrifying than all the others.
- Finding Lola One of the kindest, gentlest, most loving creatures I ever knew. And I met her while running.
- Kafka on the Run Sure, my minor was philosophy. But did I really think I'd ever have a truly Kafkaesque run?
- A Cold Fire Running the back roads after midnight.
- My First Time The marathon. My first.
- What I've Learned Not (all) the same old tips.